I made these beads a while ago and finally got around to stringing them up. I wanted to make it longer but I ran out of sterling silver beads so it ended up being about 16 1/2 inches.
I’ve been working on my sweater so I haven’t had a lot of time to make anything. I only torched one evening this weekend. Here’s the outcome:
I did make another bead on a skeleton key but it was too hideous to show. I’ll crack the bead off and redo it. I like the way this one turned out. It’s opal yellow with enamels on top.
Since I didn’t finish anything this week, all I had to take a picture of were the beads I made for the Beads Of Courage charity. More info on the charity can be found here: http://beadsofcourage.org
So far I have 25 beads made and hope to get more done before the next BOC flame day where a bunch of us get together and make beads for the day.
I haven’t finished anything this week because I started on a knitting project. A sweater. It takes me a while to knit a sweater. So, I only got these beads made for a new necklace:
Since these beads are so skinny, it’s going to take me about twice as many for a necklace. I’ve got a long way to go. Some of these will be discarded as the line around them might be crooked or too thick.