Totally New Necklace

I’ve been working on making the glass components to use in some necklaces and I finally got one assembled. It took me all morning to sew on all the components, then when I went to glue the end caps on, I got glue on the fabric cording. Yuck. The only way I could think of covering the glue up was to dye the cording. I used Ranger’s Adirondack Alcohol Inks. They are supposed to be permanent. Guess I’ll know once I wear it.

I make the components on the ends of copper wire so technically they aren’t really beads but more like decorative head pins that I make a loop on the back so I can sew them onto the cording.

Published in: on June 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm  Comments Off on Totally New Necklace  
Tags: , , ,
%d bloggers like this: